Make A Healthy Smoothie That ISN'T Green

Friday, September 14, 2018

HELLO!

Glad to see you today!

SECRET INGREDIENT

Green smoothies FREAK me out!
They may be seriously delicious, but I just can't down them.

Have you ever wondered what the secret is to keeping a smoothie from being green?

You can do it without food dye.
Just use mixed berries! They will give your smoothie a nice, pink complexion.

HERE'S THE BLENDER I USE:

*This is not a paid advertisement; I just love my Ninja.*
My family bought me my ninja for Christmas a few years ago and I can not be happier with it!

I'm a huge fan of customer service because I worked in Guest Services for 2 1/2 years.
You can sell me on great customer service quicker than anything!

When my base stopped working, I called Ninja and asked if they had advice for fixing it.

I wasn't expecting them to send me a new one.
But they volunteered it after walking me through a few steps to try to fix mine.

A week later, I had a brand new base and was back to making delicious smoothies!

Here are some things I love about my blender:

• It comes with 3 cup sizes
• The base is small, but surprisingly powerful
So it doesn't take a ton of space on my counter
• The cups, lids, AND blade are all completely dishwasher safe
• The blade is a separate piece instead of being stuck in the bottom of a narrow cup. So it's super easy to clean!

RECIPE

I make a smoothie almost every day.
When it comes up, everyone always asks what I put in my smoothies,
so here is my recipe!
MOMO'S FRUIT SMOOTHIE:
2 Cups Frozen Mixed Fruit
1 Cup Frozen Mixed Berries
1 Cup Water
1/2 Cup Apple Sauce
1/2 Cup Yogurt
1/8 Cup Orange Juice Concentrate
1 Tbsp. Fresh Rolled Oats
1/2 Tbsp. Diatomaceous Earth
(Diatomaceous earth helps clean toxins out of your body; read more on another blogger's article.)
1/2 Tbsp. Ground Cinnamon

DIRECTIONS:
Add all ingredients in order into the largest cup (32-oz).
Screw on the blade and place on blender base.
Press the Ultra Blend button.
When the blender stops, unscrew the blade. Rinse the blade immediately.
Pour your beautiful pink smoothie into a cup or screw on a lid.
Enjoy!
First of all, cinnamon has HUGE health benefits!
This is another blogger's article on it. I found it interesting and helpful!

Secondly, the flavor it adds to the smoothie is AMAZING!
I just ran out of cinnamon and made a smoothie without it. It was still good, but not great.

If you are suspicious like I was when I first heard of putting cinnamon in my smoothies, just add 1 tsp.
That will be enough to give it a little flavor, but not overwhelm you.

It took me a while to get used to it, but now I can't go without it!

WHAT ABOUT YOU?

What's your go-to smoothie recipe?


Comment or shoot me an email at AttitudeOfAdventure@gmail.com
Follow me on InstagramPinterest, & Facebook @AttitudeOfAdventure

I'd Love To Hear From You!

~M

Featured Post

What Is An "Attitude Of Adventure"?

Oh hello! Nice of you to drop by. I'm Morgan Deane and I'm married to the love of my life, Andy. We're just a married...

Back to Top