5 Personality Tests You Should Definitely Take

Friday, December 21, 2018

HEY AGAIN!

Or if not again, welcome to The Attitude Of Adventure Blog!
I'm Morgan Deane and my mission with this blog is to give great, applicable advice and funny stories, so that you get a laughleave with something helpful, and keep coming back!
I'm a Christ follower, I'm married to the LOVE of my life, we're parents to Winston BARKtholomew Deane the Goldendoodle, and I love drinking homemade smoothies every morning!
{Want to know More About Me? Check it out!}

And now, for the reason you came here today!
Andy and I love taking personality tests and talking through them. Understanding why we work, speak, act, and react the way we do helps us grow our marriage. The tests below are our top favorite that have helped us grow together and better understand each other. When you understand someone, you can better love them.

5 LOVE LANGUAGES

Andy and I have taken this test several times. It seems that our top love languages change with how much love we're receiving in each area. Along with taking the test, we highly recommend reading Gary Chapman's book.
Cost
Free!

Why We Love It
This test has helped us understand how we each receive love from others. The one you score the highest on is the way you feel loved the most. Identically, the one you score the lowest on is the way you feel loved the least. So if your highest love language is Quality Time, the way that you feel love most may be spending time together, having one-on-one time, eye contact, or just being near the people you love. And if your lowest love language is Receiving Gifts, if someone randomly brought you a mug because they saw it and thought of you, it wouldn't mean much or it's coming up on your birthday and you might get anxiety because you don't like receiving gifts.


MEYERS-BRIGGS

There's 16 different personality types. Each type is made up of 4 letters representing different aspects of your personality as well as a letter that determines your confidence in yourself.
Cost
It's Free!

Why We Love It
The test is very accurate. When you get your results, you'll read through the description and it's like an EXACT description of you. It's extremely popular so if you talk about it, most people will know exactly what you're talking about. The insights it gives you are super helpful to better understand yourself and your partner.

COLOR or DISC TEST

There are 4 colors:
Red: Powerful, Confident, Strong
Yellow: Fun, Vibrant, Colorful
Green: Sensitive, Calm, Peaceful
Blue: Organized, Detailed, Planner
Cost
Basic: Free!
Full: $39.95

Why We Love It
This is an easy one to see in each other and in others because it's only 4 types. Of course everyone is a combination of different amounts of each color, but it's pretty evident the #1 personality in someone. Though it's not our top favorite, it's the one we refer to when talking about others in conversation. Why do you have a hard time getting along with him? Why is she such a great friend?
My top color is blue and my secondary is green, while Andy is a strong red with a lot of blue as well. Usually you marry someone who is next to you in the circle, not opposite. It's easier to understand someone who has a similar personality.

ENNEAGRAM

Take the RHETI. There's 9 different personality types.
Cost
Only $12

Why We Love It
If you haven't heard of the Enneagram yet, where have you been living? Everyone seems to be talking about it recently as it's grown in popularity. The Enneagram has been around for a long, LONG time, but it seems to have become suddenly popular. There are 9 personality types and when you take the test, it rates each area. Several free versions of the test are available, but I found the $12 one to be the most accurate.
After having Andy take the test as well, we've talked through the different ways that our personalities interact. Knowing our weak spots helps us to be aware and not fall into bad habits. We've really enjoyed this personality set! Be careful though because it's a bit hard to swallow at first. Because the goal is to get you to the center of the circle and not on one extreme or another, the results can be depressing. When I first read the results for #9 Peacemaker, I cried and did not like the test. Only after some time to process, did I understand how true and helpful it really was.

RIGHTPATH

Take Path4 and Path6.
Cost
$99

Why We Love It
This test is intense. It takes quite a while to complete and it's on the pricier side, but it's extremely thorough. When you start working for North Point Ministries, they have you take this test. It helps them to know how you're going to fit with the team and how you operate and process things.
I loved it so much, I'm having Andy take the test so we can compare our results. Not only has looking at my results helped me better understand who I am in raising my self-awareness, but it has also helped Andy to understand why I respond the way I respond. I am a Deep Thinker which means it takes me a lot of time to process internally. I don't thrive playing quick-thinking games and I don't respond well to emergency situation. This may annoy or bother one or both of us, but because we understand that that's how I'm wired, we're much more patient with me.

WHAT ABOUT YOU?

I hope you enjoyed today's topic!
If you want to see more by me, check out my full list of blog posts.

Comment below or shoot me an email at AttitudeOfAdventure@gmail.com
Follow me on InstagramPinterest, & Facebook @AttitudeOfAdventure

I'd Love To Hear From You!

~M

Featured Post

What Is An "Attitude Of Adventure"?

Oh hello! Nice of you to drop by. I'm Morgan Deane and I'm married to the love of my life, Andy. We're just a married...

Back to Top